Our congregation first opened its doors in 1887. We are honored to be part of this great West Michigan Community for 128 years.
We began with 31 people known as the First Wesleyan Methodist Church in Blendon. The church met in school house No.1 of Blendon (pictured below - today the chimney and foundation of that school house are all that remain - located on the west side of 56th Avenue, north of Bauer Road)
The first parcel of land where our church building is now located cost $100 in 1889. Our first building was constructed in 1892.
In 1963 construction began on our second sanctuary.
Our current sanctuary and addition were built in 1997.
In 1968 the merger of several groups with ties all the way back to John Wesley's Methodism formed what is now called The Wesleyan Church - an evangelical, Protestant denomination. We offer the good news that faith in Jesus Christ makes possible a personal relationship with God, a holy life empowered by His Holy Spirit for witness and service, and assurance of eternal life in heaven.
Our ministries emphasize practical Bible teaching, worship that seeks to glorify God, and special programs to meet a variety of life needs. With World Headquarters in Fishers, Indiana, The Wesleyan Church has nearly 400,000 constituents in 5,000 churches and missions in 80 countries of the world.